Learn Japan’s “heart” and “ways” in Kanazawa, city of the culture of the samurai
Application & Inquiry email@example.com
- Focus on original Japanese Budo Sports
- Kyudo, Japanese archery combining sports and spirit
- Tea ceremony with traditional Kanazawa crafts
- Learn about Zen in a relaxing environment
- Experience Kyudo, Tea and Zen in one package
- Time : approx 4hours
- Meeting point : The D. T. Suzuki museum
- Tour days : Please consult us.
- Language : English/Japanese
- Notes : Walking shoes, Comfortable clothing
9:30 Meeting point :The D. T. Suzuki museum
The D.T. Suzuki museum ～ Learn about Zen in a relaxing environment
First, we will head to the D.T. Suzuki museum which introduces “Zen and the Oriental Thought”. There, you will be able to feel the heart of Japan which is Zen. A must-see is the Water Mirror Garden, where you will be able to touch “Daisetz’s heart”, “Japan’s Heart” while looking at the water.
Kenrokuen Kyudo training hall ～ Archery experience
Then, we will walk to the historical Kenrokuen Kyudo training hall.
There, you will experiment the traditional Japanese sport that is Kyudo (Japanese archery).
For the workshop you will change in specific Kyudo gear, and teachers and instructors from the Ishikawa Kyudo Association will teach you a sequence of actions that is called Shaho Hassetsu and which includes everything from etiquette and posture to actually shooting an arrow.
Tea house ～ Tea ceremony experience
Experience tea ceremony in a histrical tearoom.